Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Holy Cannoli. I made my own Cannoli.!!!


“She’s got shells, she’s got cream, they’re so good, and they’ll make you scream.  I’m in love with the Queen of CANNOLI!!!!!!!” (The Ravenna Song)
Hello Everyone,
If you do not know by now, I will remind you all that I come from an Italian household.  I was raised with Italian traditions and values.  I am proud of my upbringing.  It wasn’t perfect by all means but when things got upsetting we always had CANNOLI!! LOL.  On that note, I needed to know how to make a Cannoli.
In 2013, Holy Cannoli was created by Vanessa Chiaravalloti.  Vanessa who also was raised by Italian parents, wanted to share her father Nicola’s Secret Cannoli Cream to the world.  Nicola, a long time baker perfected the Cannoli Cream in his bakery Bona Via Bakery.  Now, when I heard that my girl Vanessa was Calabrese, I knew I was meant to EAT THESE CANNOLI. HA-HA. 
How did they taste? Well, let’s just say I had about 10 of them. LOL.  The cream is incredible.  It melts in your mouth.  I have eaten a lot of cannoli in my lifetime, but, these cannoli are special.  I am not just saying this because I got an opportunity to stuff my own cannoli.  I am saying this because they taste really great.
Vanessa and I had an amazing day.  She was patient in showing me how to hold and stuff the cannoli.  She is a very creative girl.  After filling our cannoli, Vanessa designed my name out of these tasty treats. NIKI in cannoli.  How cool is that?!? I love seeing my name in anything but seeing it made in cannoli, made my day.
I had an incredible time.  Vanessa made cups stuffed with cream, Chips & Dip and my FAVORITE was the pannetone designed like a Christmas tree.  That pannetone with the secret cannoli cream in the middle, tasted like heaven!!!!!! It was so good, that guess who dropped cream all over her top? That would be me. LOL.
Working out of the Cake Collective, Holy Cannoli provides its products throughout this city.  They deliver!!!! Pick up the phone and order yourself some fantastic cannoli.  Holy Cannoli will also be at this year’s Gourmet Food & Wine Expo.  Nov 20-23rd.  Not only will they be at the Expo with their fantastic products, but a little birdy informed me that Vanessa’s dad Nicola will also make an appearance.  Come check out Holy Cannoli at the Gourmet Food and Wine Expo.  They will be debuting Cannoli Cups and Gluten-Free Cannoli.   After a long day, nothing will make you happier than a great cannoli and glass of wine.  I am looking forward to having some more of Vanessa’s amazing treats, and I may just have to try their chocolate cream.  This time, I will be bringing a tide to go with me. LOL.   
I want to thank everyone at Holy Cannoli, Vanessa and Winnie.  I also want to thank the staff at The Cake Collective.  Everyone was so friendly.  I felt like I was part of your family.  I got warm fuzzy feelings inside, and it wasn’t just from the amazing cannoli I devoured. Ha-ha.
To order products from Holy Cannoli, check out their website www.holy-cannoli.com
Until next time boys and girls...” remember, to always just be yourself, it will eventually one day pay off...”
YOU now need to see pictures from my day with Vanessa and Winnie at HOLY CANNOLI!!!!!
©justbeingmeluvuholts