Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Toronto Blue Jays, Roberto Alomar!!! I MET HIM!!!!


“Take me out to the ball game.  Take me out with the crowd.  Buy me some peanuts and crackerjacks.  I don’t care if I never get back…” (Jack Norworth and Albert Von Tilzer)
Hello Everyone,
On Sunday Sept 14th 2014, I had the amazing opportunity to meet in my opinion, one of the greatest Blue Jays.  Roberto “Robbie” Alomar was elected to the Hall of Fame in 2011 as a member of the Toronto Blue Jays.  In fact, his number #12 was the first number ever retired by the organization.  In his five years in Toronto, this great player brought my city two World Series championships.  He is one of my favorite Blue Jays, and I was so excited to get an opportunity to get an autograph and picture with him!!
The day was amazinggggg.  I was excited from the minute I got up that day.  I had been looking forward to meeting Roberto, ever since I got word that he would be at The Toronto Card Show.   I have met baseball players and hockey players before, but I have to say, Roberto made me sooooo happy.  I was a bit bummed out when the person right in front of me in line, won his rookie card.  However, that all went away when I approached this legend. 
I walked up to him; he looked at me and said “DON’T I KNOW YOU?” OHHHHH MY GOD!!!! I don’t even stalk him. LOL.  I really don’t.  I was beyond flattered he remembers me from twitter, blog and pics.  I can say this, Mr. Alomar; you are the sweetest, humblest player I have ever met.  It was such an honor to get you to sign my baseball.  I saved that ball from the Jays game.  It was caught for me by someone who is so special to me, I cannot even describe.  To have you sign that ball, brings tears to my eyes.  That baseball is now priceless.
I admit I got him to sign it “Nicoletta Bella” as the person who caught it for me is the only one who calls me that name. However, again, I heard from this legend; “you are memorable” LOL.  So, now, my baseball is special.   Meeting Roberto Alomar will never be forgotten., AND “Robbie” knows me!?! LOL.  Maybe, one day, Roberto will invite me to watch a game with him? HAHAHAAAA.  I promise, to behave if you invite me. LOL.
I need to add this, my favorite section at Rogers Centre is indeed the Roberto Alomar lounge.  Not only is the lounge nicely done, my favorite foot long hot dogs are sold in that section!! LOL.  So, I would like to thank the Toronto Card Show, for bringing this amazing player to the show.  I would LOVE to thank Roberto for making my day. Lastly, I would like to thank the person who got me my baseball from the Jays game.  That name Roberto, something about it, puts a smile on my face always.
Blue Jays, come on boys, we need to make those playoffs!  That lounge and those Hot dogs need me. LOL.  GO JAYS GO!!!!  Until next time boys and girls, “remember, to always just be yourself, it will eventually one day pay off….”  IT SURE DOES, ROBERTO ALOMAR REMEMBERS ME!!!!!!!!!!
©justbeingmeluvuholts
For more of my blog posts, please visit my site at www.justbeingmeluvuholts.blogspot.ca.
Who wants to see pictures of this AMAZING DAY!!!!!???!